Friday, October 26, 2007

Spring Break is Yisrael...and Fiber!!!

Well, I am on skein number 7. I think I am addicted to the Navajo ply technique, but I am starting to over-spin my ply. I want to be back at Yarn School and talk about what is starting to happen to my yarn as I spin.

I quickly knit up another pair of socks with a beautiful yarn from Maisy Day Handspun, which can be found from Hello Yarn, and I have started on another pair with her beautiful stuff. She has such an incredible sense of color, as does Adrian. I really, REALLY want to leave the real world behind and spend my days handpainting fiber and spinning like those gals do.

OH...Israel. I think I am going back for spring break this year to do community service, and this tickles my pickle. What is even more exciting is that Jackie might be going with me on the same trip! I need to post pictures from our adventure last year. I should do one of my silly streams-of-consciousness posts about Israel. I really have to get myself into the zone to do that. And remembering Israel always makes me cry, too. It's all about the Kotel. And Masada. And the smells. And olives for breakfast. Oh...here I go...I will save it for later.