So, I guess I MUST post on this thing. :) At Yarn School, I learned that people do, indeed, read this blog. I find that terrifying, exciting, thrilling, and flattering. (You know who you are.) I guess I am re-inspired.
Yarn School was one of those perfect things. The light was perfect. The temperatures wasn't too hot. The people were amazing. Having conversations about the qualities of Malabrigo over wine while keeping a straight face was easy because it was, in fact, a serious conversation. (Cats like to nap on Malabrigo. They prefer this over Koigu.)
For me, the best part was being a part of this community---outside of the internet. For four days, we really got to start knowing each other. And it was over before it was too real to be painful. I love those bittersweet things. We will never all be under the same roof again, and that is okay.
Getting stuck at O'Hare over night was okay. (I got to stay at the Hilton---hellloooo....)
Spending about $400 more than I budgeted was okay.
It was all okay because it was all perfect. And the women I spent my weekend with were perfect, too.