A year has passed. Nights of sleeplessness, awake, writing papers, stressing about resources. They are gone. No more sick because of being overworked and over schooled. For the moment, I am free of academia.
A year has passed. Another trip to Israel came and went, and I went with the week. Days spent sweating, digging, eating hummus, wandering and getting lost in Jerusalem, squinting my eyes in the bright sun of Haifa. They are over.
A year has passed with the U-Haul van. A relationship with my father, improved. Finally, Daddy's Girl. Support, love, admiration, and respect. All obtained. I dive into my job. My life. The south. I snuggle with my dog on my mattress on the floor. I call her name from my bubble bath. I give her cookies in the kitchen while reconnecting with my old friend Paul Simon. He believes in the future--we shall suffer no more.
There is something so beautiful about my life right now. Maybe it is my new-found independence. Maybe it is my love for my work and my career. Perhaps it is my dog. Perhaps it is my ever-growing passion for creativity and fiber arts. Maybe it is knowing that I am a person in evolution and will be until I die---my endless pursuit to be a good, just, beautiful person confident in her intellect, beauty and emotions.
Maybe it is the sunlight. Maybe it is my imagination.
But let's keep it simple---it is just happiness.