Monday, February 4, 2008

Bad Things Can Lead to Beautiful Art

Well, my life has been one giant clusterfuck lately. Did you ever go through one of those periods where you are just INCREDIBLY frustrated and angry with SEVERAL people in your life? That has been my gripe lately.

So, in my efforts to clear my head and distance myself from a situation here, I called my parents and asked them if I could come home this past weekend. I made the LONG ASS trek home on Friday, and turned around to make the LONG ASS trek back late Friday night. As soon as I got home, my parents started acting like children and fighting with each other. I simply excused myself from the situation and started driving back to Charles Town. My mom, continuing to act like a child, called me the next day to yell at me. I, for the first time ever, really yelled back at her and told her to grow up.

Let's just say that I shook like a twig on a windy day for 24 hours until she tried calling me back. I fear my mother. First, she is right most of the time. Second, she is amazing. Third, she is scary when she is justified in her anger. She never lifted a finger to me growing up. She simply firmly lectured. There were moments where I wished I was getting an ass beating.




But this time, she needed to apologize to me. And she did. It is sort of freaking me out.



So, Friday night was spent at a hotel in Sutton, WV, where I shot these amazing pictures of my dog. I am mildly impressed with these pictures. They kinda look like they were taken professionally. I think the composition in the second picture is worth noting.

I would like to thank the Academy, as well as the wonderful florescent lighting at the Microtel of Sutton, WV for the inspiration behind these photos.